UX Workshops in Los Angeles

03.10.2012 | Author: Eric Reiss

I'm really looking forward to yet another whirlwind trip to Canada and the United States next week! In addition to MeetUps in Vancouver and San Francisco, courtesy of the brilliant folks at the IxDA, I'll also be holding two UX workshops in Los Angeles. I'd love to see you!

Psst - if you use the discount code "quack" you'll get a $50 discount on each workshop! Registration info is at the bottom of this page.

“Usable Usability” will be held Saturday, October 13th
Lean UX is about applying common sense to create better user-experiences. Come to this half-day workshop and I'll show you how to start this process through simple usability improvements. Basically, I think usability and UX are built on three E’s: Ease of use – the product does what the user wants it to do; Elegance and clarity – the product does what the user expects it to do; and Empathy - understanding and addressing the needs of the users. During our four hours together, I will show you how to evaluate and improve products and services in a truly lean and agile way – a method that has proven successful with clients, business students, and seasoned usability professionals alike. The method even includes a hands-on technique for individuals within a large organization to carry out guerilla-style usability hacks that show the value of usability to the people in charge of budgets.

“Writing for Interactive Media” will be held on Sunday, October 14th
Let's face it, without content, you can't have content strategy! In this half-day workshop, I'll show you how to create findable, scanable, skimable, and readable on-line content that creates understanding, builds trust, and increases conversion rates. Topics include: Why writing for the web is different; Navigation - it’s about labels, not graphics; How to build shared-references with your audience; The importance of core content descriptions; How to use contextual navigation (locally relevant links); What is information architecture from a content-provider point-of-view; What is responsive content from a reader and device point-of-view; and How to build landing pages and conversion funnels that win customers.

Both workshops are scheduled from 8:00am – 12:00pm at NextSpace in Culver City.  I'll also sign copies of my new book, Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better, kiss babies, and do interpretive dance as appropriate.

For additional info and registration, please visit:

Usable Usability

Writing for Interactive Media

(and remember to use your discount code, "quack")

59 Comments »

1. Any news on when the next workshop on UX going to be held? I strongly believe in the importance of UX in designing and want to learn more from those who have experience in UX designing. I would love to hear from any such person.

Comment by Coursework Help - 00:00 01.01.0001
  2. Yeah, i want to particapte with these worshops. Where i can register?

Comment by essay kings me - 00:00 01.01.0001
  3. This article makes me suddenly feel good thank you

Comment by Swarovski Watches - 00:00 01.01.0001
  4. Just want to know where we can register really interested to participate this workshop.

Comment by Best Naperville Dentist - 00:00 01.01.0001
  5. vcc murah virtual credit card verifikasi paypal

Comment by vcc murah - 00:00 01.01.0001
  6. This blog seems seriously good. Thanks for providing all this information at no cost.

Comment by michael kors - 00:00 01.01.0001
  7. It is very useful when we read in the media like this. Whenever any time to access and will not miss the news. Let diligently reading let me add to our knowledge

Comment by Obat Tradisional Untuk Anak - 00:00 01.01.0001
  8. Best message and post neuws!

Comment by panele słoneczne - 00:00 01.01.0001
  9. I'm really interested in UX Workshops in Los Angeles and these post have inspired me so much.
    Thanks to Eric Reiss posted , he give me so many ideas for the future

Comment by essay kings me - 00:00 01.01.0001
  10. I want to attend to workshops. Sounds great and really useful! Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Robert - 00:00 01.01.0001
  11. Giuliani sagde. "Jeg tror, ??der er desværre en forfærdelig masse signaler

Comment by Air max - 00:00 01.01.0001
  12. Nice post share..Thanks for share with us that kind informative blog.

Comment by Agha Khan Board Past Paper - 00:00 01.01.0001
  13. To get a work from UX, first requirement is to understand all the needs of users or what would user find in your usability design?

Comment by write my coursework for me - 00:00 01.01.0001
  14. especially if you're buying designer brands like Rotary watches, DKNY or Police watches.

Comment by victoria secret uk - 00:00 01.01.0001
  15. 販売から物品を遊ばせておいて、着いて財布このネットワークのブランドに誕生して、スーパーコピー腕時計田は文に従って6年を使いました。ネクタイ月の売上高を1000元から50万元まで高まって、靴彼女は7年を使いました。

Comment by スーパーコピー - 00:00 01.01.0001
  16. The method even includes a hands-on technique for individuals within a large organization to carry out guerilla-style usability hacks that show the value of usability to the people in charge of budgets.

Comment by Beats sale - 13:38 08.03.2013
  17. Workshops are very important for the purpose of professional development. All people needs something to be arouse of.

Comment by Reputation Advocate - 02:29 10.04.2013
  18. Thanks for sharing your article. I really enjoyed it

Comment by nike running - 04:58 28.05.2013
  19. The method even includes a hands-on technique for individuals within a large organization to carry out guerilla-style usability hacks that show the value of usability to the people in charge of budgets.

Comment by maillot foot pas cher - 10:12 29.05.2013
  20. great eco site. it is always good to check it out

Comment by ecopolitan ec - 07:38 10.09.2013
  21. great sea view condo. do not miss. check it out

Comment by vue 8 residence - 07:54 11.09.2013
  22. great flora site at ec price. worth bookmarking

Comment by inflora condo - 05:34 09.10.2013
  23. great flora site at ec price. worth bookmarking

Comment by inflora - 05:37 09.10.2013
  24. Might take you up on that home advice you.

Comment by Patek philippe - 04:21 25.10.2013
  25. check out the only great sea view ec site

Comment by sea horizon - 07:48 04.11.2013
  26. Well, this seems pretty good. I think people should check these workshops out and utilize it. It might actually come in handy.

Comment by Bonaventure Senior Living - 21:59 13.11.2013
  27. I sure wish I could attend to these workshops. It's really pretty useful! People should enroll to these kinds of workshop.

Comment by Sandra Dyche - 20:55 31.12.2013
  28. this is something I think about constantly and I suspect social media is going to play an important

Comment by sohbet - 23:04 15.04.2014
  29. great article. keep blogging the good stuff

Comment by the rise@oxley - 06:26 29.04.2014
  30. Find Natural Health Center(s) in the United States and Canada. At a natural health center, individuals can receive natural healing treatments and can also acquire knowledge about the various natural medicines available today.

Comment by trilliumhealthcenter - 15:02 12.08.2014
  31. Trying to change eating habits, exercise regimes, and general lifestyle can be a difficult task leaving many people wondering how to begin.

Comment by health-matrix - 15:02 12.08.2014
  32. If you are facing problem with any kind of health related issue, then you are suggested to use Herbal Health Care Products that are 100% organic and don't comprise any side effects.

Comment by breakfast4health - 15:03 12.08.2014
  33. As a part of your diet that you forget to take health products, bodybuilding supplements, minerals and vitamins, vitamins & minerals, nutritional supplements because human body is unable to store much vitamins.

Comment by waterloohealthcare - 15:04 12.08.2014
  34. Buying a watch online can be a great way to save some money, especially if you're buying designer brands like Rotary watches, DKNY or Police watches.

Comment by onlinewatchshopping - 15:05 12.08.2014
  35. It is very useful when we read in the media like this

Comment by obat peembesar penis - 11:58 07.12.2014
  36. istimewa

Comment by http://www.x-shops69.com/ - 12:40 07.12.2014
  37. great article. keep blogging the good stuff. is very good

Comment by celana hernia magnetik - 13:39 22.01.2015
  38. I think workshop builds the confidence in the person and if they attend regular basis, so its take lot benefits from this.

Comment by Essay Tigers - 11:40 14.04.2015
  39. Your post is really very nice. After read your excellent I want to say your is very nice. Keep it up please share me more post in future.

Comment by Conference Translation - 13:36 14.04.2015
  40. nice post.

Comment by amy - 14:06 14.04.2015
  41. https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl

Comment by amy - 14:11 14.04.2015
  42. thank you man wow

Comment by العاب تلبيس بنات - 15:48 08.05.2015
  43. Thank you for writing an article that has great content and is well written.

Comment by branding solutions - 09:25 25.05.2015
  44. great work man tnx

Comment by العاب طبخ - 02:17 27.05.2015
  45. this is really great,unique and very informative post, i like it. thanks

Comment by essay help - 12:24 06.07.2015
  46. We need more workshops like this one. UX is a often underestimated or misattributed to a designers only. Ensure UX is important to marketers as well.

Comment by order essay - 08:28 20.08.2015
  47. Any news on when the next workshop on UX going to be held? I strongly believe in the importance of UX in designing and want to learn more from those who have experience in UX designing. I would love to hear from any such person.

Preston
    I provide web and banner design service in UK.

Comment by Banner Design Service - 09:14 21.08.2015
  48. I suggest you guys to try out UXmag website. Great resource on UX design. They often post information on any UX related events like conference.

Comment by logo design Dubai - 10:01 22.08.2015
  49. Thank you, the work is really valuable! It is clear that the person is a specialist in this field of speciality. In contrast to various information I looked over on the matter, this one presents up-to-date assessments. This web-site frequently assures no end of enlightening works on the popular topics. My coworkers and I turn over them on a day-to-day basis.

Comment by http://essays.expert - 17:09 24.09.2015
  50. here we collected thousands of christmas
    images wishes wallpapers greetings quotes
    pictures greeting cards poems messages christmas tree
    images christmas gifts ideas , saying

Comment by christmas wishes - 17:38 04.10.2015
  51. this is nice post

Comment by thanksgiving images - 12:46 16.11.2015
  52. Awesome collection of merry christmas 2015 wishes,images, pics, cards, messages, sayings and greetings for facebook, whatsapp sharing

Comment by christmas images-messages - 13:23 04.12.2015
  53. Beautiful collection of happy new year 2016 pics, photos and wallpapers, messages, sms, quotes for sharing with friends and family members

Comment by happy new year images 2016 - 13:27 04.12.2015
  54. Awesome collection of merry christmas 2015 wishes,images, pics, cards, messages, sayings and greetings for facebook, whatsapp sharing

Comment by christmas 2015 images - 11:58 09.12.2015
  55. Please do UX workshop next time in my city New York. I would definitely join the workshop.

Comment by logo design service - 06:15 11.12.2015
  56. Top 2016 Happy Valentines Day Images, Valentines Day Pictures, Valentines Day Cards, Valentines Day Wallpapers For Boyfriend, Girlfriend And Wife Sharing

Comment by valentine images - 06:48 12.01.2016
  57. Awesome collection of happy 26th january republic day images, republic day quotes, republic day sms, republic day wishes, greetings, messages for sharing on facebook, twitter, whatsapp and other social media.

Comment by happy republic day quotes - 11:45 18.01.2016
  58. Here is the best collection of Chocolate day quotes, images, wallpapers, pictures, messages that you can share with your friends through whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram etc.,

Comment by chocolate day images - 12:19 22.01.2016
  59. Best Collection of easter images, easter pictures, wallpapers, Photos, easter quotes, happy easter sayings, greetings and wishes for facebook, whatsapp, snapchat and twitter sharing with friends and family

Comment by easter images - 06:41 26.01.2016